Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Welcome to NikNak-PaddyWhack!


Welcome to the new home of NikNak-PaddyWhack on the web! My name is Valeda and this blog is dedicated to my love of making prim dolls...showing them off to all of you, and perhaps even finding new homes for some of them! I hope you enjoy what I have to offer. I will be posting whenever I have something new to show...so keep me bookmarked and please check back often!
An Autumn Cutie!


Here is a picture of an Autumn themed doll which I made up especially for a fundraiser for the Lifeplex Wellness Centre's Annual Dinner & Auction which is coming up on October 24th. Hopefully she will get a few bids to support a great facility and a great cause! You can visit their website at http://www.lifeplex.ca/

She was drawn up totally freehand, sewn from muslin..then painted, distressed and put through my special aging process... then I added a few of my own special touches, cute little shoes were painted on with rusty safety pins for buckles, wool patches for the eyes and nose, stitched mouth, and a stick in the top of her pumpkin head. Her dress is long and made of extremely grungy cotton fabric with 3 big vintage buttons, last but not least I gave her a great big piece of candy corn to hold. At approx. 30" tall she is a real prim sweetie! Hope she gets a good home!




No comments:

Post a Comment